Fly Fishing on the Pitt River Near Vancouver
Coho are biting on the Pitt River from now through December!
The sheer diversity of the fish species and abundance of fish is why American Angler Magazine rated the Pitt River as one of the top fly fishing rivers in Canada.
The Pitt River and our lodge is a 30-minute floatplane flight from Vancouver harbour or a 45-minute boat ride from Pitt Meadows, an hour outside of downtown Vancouver. This fishery is open 12 months a year.
Our Fly Fishing Lodge
Far from the crowds of Vancouver, our wilderness fishing lodge is nestled at the north end of British Columbia's spectacular Pitt Lake. It's the largest freshwater tidal lake in North America, sheltered by the Pacific Coastal Mountain Range which protects the glacier fed Pitt river.
Fishing on the Pitt River
Designated as a catch and release only river and only accessible by floatplane or boat, the Pitt River is by far the most productive Salmon, Steelhead and Trout rivers in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver.
This location offers fly fishing for coho, sockeye, pink salmon, chum, steelhead and five different trout species. Feeding into one of the only two freshwater tidal lakes in the world and because it's only 40 miles from the ocean, our salmon come in bright and powerful for incredible acrobatic performances.
Catching 10-20 Bull trout in one day is not uncommon.
Depending on the season you will be able to hook into 4 different species of Salmon, or maybe a chrome Steelhead. All year long you will be able to catch and release copious amounts of Sea-run Bull Trout, Rainbow, and Cutthroat. The “Fighting Bulls” range between 3-5 Lbs, but can reach up 10 Lbs!
We offer 2 different styles of trips on the Pitt River
Pitt River Day Trip from Vancouver
This scenic wilderness, fly fishing adventure includes:
- Pick up and drop off from Grant Narrows Regional Park
- 8 hrs of fishing by raft
- All fishing equipment & flies
- Lodge access for arrival and departure
All Inclusive Lodge Package
- Round trip boat transportation
- All meals including non alcoholic beverages
- Complimentary wine/beer with dinner
- Lodge room based double occupancy
- Daily maid service
- Guided raft for fishing each day
- Other guided activities including canoeing, hiking and hot spring trips
- Return boat transportation to Pitt Meadows
- Bedding and towels are provided
- Vehicle transportation to/from river
What to Bring With You
- 7-8 wt single-handed rods with floating and sink tip lines.
- 7-9 wt two-handed rods with Skagit/Spey lines with interchangeable tips.
- Flies: Kelsey's Hope, Egg sucking leech, egg patterns, Squamish Poacher, Muddler Minnow, fry patterns.
- Strike indicators, various lead weights, wading staff, waders & boots.